2.24.2011

Good Eats...

We have had some really good food around here lately, if i say so myself:) i really like the site Our Best Bites they have easy to follow directions and i like the pictures too:)

we made their pizza last night, this post gives the rundown on pizza, since i am revisiting yeast bread making in general lately, that was good to read. i used their favorite bread stick (and pizza) recipe for the dough and the only modification i made was to use about half wheat flour because along with a goal of wanting to relearn yeast breads, i also want to use more wheat this year. i used their sauce recipe as well. i was very happy with how the pizza crust turned out, very crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, very tasty and everyone liked it. in fact i have no pictures of it because it was gone before i could think of taking the picture:) the recipe would probably make 2 larger pizzas, i made one large one and two small (personal) size ones. just 'cuz....

i also tried their cinnamon roll recipe (again about half wheat flour) and those turned out tasty as well!

some good yeast bread experiences/experiments...gives me a bit of confidence that i can continue to do that:)

4 comments:

Lacey said...

I love our best bites! Their chicken penne pasta (freezer meal) and chicken taquitos are AWESOME! Both family favorites around here!

rachel said...

Yes!! Great minds think alike. I have been thinking about trying yeast bread again also. The Wheat thing has really been on my mind as well. Way to get going on it! I have also been looking for some really awesome breadsticks recipes! yay, my hero!

Trent and Amber said...

Love their recipes! Check out thegirlwhoateeverything.blogspot.com too! I've made a ton of her stuff, easy and so good!

peachytiffers said...

I have that site on my blog list, but don't get to keep up on it as much as I'd like to. I tried a yeast bread last week and it didn't go so good. I still want to try more though.