11.26.2007

Pumpkin Bars...

these are my pumpkin bars...i believe the recipe filtered down to me from my friend Nikki, so i can't take credit for it really but i love them all the same, such a great treat for the fallish time of year. very tasty:)

Pumpkin Bars

4 eggs
1 C. oil
2 C. pumpkin (15oz can)
2 C. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 C. nuts (always optional, i don't put them in most of the time simply because so many people are allergic)

combine ingredients in the order listed, mixing well after each addition. Pour into greased jelly roll pan (18x12 roughly) and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting this recipe is from Better Crocker (which is where the Pumpkin Bars came from roughly as well, i think)

1pkg. cream cheese (8oz)
1/4 C. butter or stick margarine
2-3 tsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth. gradually add in the sugar, 1 cup at a time until smooth. spread on COOLED pumpkin bars, and enjoy!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm going to add this recipe to my hips...I mean list of great recipes!!!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the recipe! They were amazing!

Hatsuho said...

this has nothing to do with your post... but, did you say you have a pattern for a nursing cover? could you send it to me if you have one? I registered for one, but might as well save someone money by making it myself! :)