2.22.2010

i really like these books...



so shannon hale is a really good writer, in my opinion. i really enjoyed goose girl when i read it (who recommended that one first? was it a book club book?). then i went on to read the others that were out at the time, Enna Burning and River Secrets. i just really liked the way she wrote them, and how the characters continued on, just like you wish they would when you finish one good book. The story lines are great and i really suggest you read them.

well then i was online a while ago and looked up shannon hale to see if she had written any other books. turns out that she wrote a fourth "Bayern" book ...

forest born. i put in a request for it at the library ages ago and forgot i had done it, it had been so long. then it finally came in for me. i digested that one in about a day. (nursing REALLY ups my reading time:))i really liked it! good job shannon hale! so if you need a good read, i suggest these books. they are fast reads and really engaging. Also by her, Austenland, which i thought was great.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Have you read Princess Academy? That was my favorite of hers. I didn't like Austenland as much, but it was still worth a read. Speaking of Austen, though...I'm reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Jane Austen probably would be horrified (or maybe she had that sense of humor), but it's really funny to have all the Bennett's mixed up with zombies every now and then.

Lacey said...

I'll have to check it out since I read the first 3. I liked them all too. Especially Enna burning.

Audrey said...

She just wrote another brand new book the title of which I can't remember. There's some controversey surrounding it because it's about a girl who is married, but her best friend is a male actor. Obviously, not what we'd deem a great situation in real life. I'm curious.

JenW said...

it's called the actor and the housewife...interesting...

Swenson Family said...

I just requested Forest born a couple of days ago. I totally agree that nursing ups your reading time- I have re-read all three of those books in the past few weeks. Have you read her Princess Academy? I LOVE that book. I was not a huge fan of "Book of a Thousand Days," but I know other people have really enjoyed it. Oh- and about Austenland, it is okay, but DO NOT listen to it on tape. I never knew that book was SOOOOOOO sappy.