9.12.2007

on raising boys...


and maybe girls are the same way but my sister in law-who has two boys- said something to me last night that i totally agree with and thought was pretty profound in a humorous way.


Little boys are like puppies, they need to be let outside at least once a day or they start to chew on the furniture.


mine is like that, is yours? i was just realizing, with the new baby and everything, that we still need to get out and do things so that we all don't feel cooped up like a bunch of chickens.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

It's very true. In our case Isaac likes to hit if he doesn't get to go outside. He's destructive either way though!! BOYS!

Jackie said...

So true, in fact, that today while I feel very sick from a nasty cold going around, I had to take him over to Nana's house so he could play outside and I could rest. What a blessing to have grandparents around!

Marielle said...

Caleb is starting to get to that age. We went out the front door for a minutes yesterday and when we came back in he just came unglued. He did NOT want to be inside anymore. But I feel the same way.

Marielle