7.03.2008

The Actual Birthday...






yesterday was Ethan's actual birthday and we passed the day in birthday silence...meaning we didn't tell him it was his birthday because we'd already had a family party and he knows he gets to have a friend party but it was not yesterday so we wanted to avoid being upset the whole day about not getting a party or whatnot....

consequently i found it odd that it was such a big day for me, but for him, it was just another day. i kept wishing him a happy birthday under my breath all day. it was kind of fun to have a secret like that but in the future, i'm sure we won't be able to do that, once he learns the days of the week:) but i tried to do things he wanted to do yesterday, so we went to the mall playplace and got Wendy's and took it home and watched some Cars and played his little video game thing he got...so hopefully he had a good "un" birthday:)

i just wanted to make a little tribute to ethan, though he'll never read this, i love him so much. he is a wonderful boy, he is sweet and really sensitive to other poeple's feelings for the most part. he often just comes up to me and tells me he loves for no reason other than i exist, and he thanks me for changing his diapers and making his PB&J. he loves his little sister so much and is very sweet to her, most of the time. i am just really thankful that he is in our family and is such a great kid. he is three now and time flies. have fun little man, have fun:)

6 comments:

H.Cook said...

love the prego pic... Hard to believe he is so big now! I remember when he was barely crawling around!

Emily said...

He is so cute! We did the same with JC for his birthday, mostly celebrated before and after. It was just a nice relaxing day!

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! It's a shame it goes by so fast!

Sarah said...

how fun! happy bday ethan! Soooo I made the jean skirt. It looks awesome. I don't have a picture, but I will get one for you. I am going to wear that thing out this summer! Thanks for the tutorials, BIG help! (along with a mother-in-law who did all the work!)

Trent and Amber said...

awww, I love the pics! I hope to meet those cute kiddos someday! Happy birthday Ethan! :)

rachel said...

Ahhh! Jen I remember that! He is so cute. He has grown up so much since we were all at Wymount. Cute Ethan Happy Birthday big guy!