3.18.2009

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman


Actually a young adult book I believe, but it's won the Newberry and it's quite a good book. Apparently it parallels The Jungle Book, which I have never read before, but probably should...this book is a good read. And quick as well. I really enjoyed the author's style of writing, each chapter is like a mini-story...also a take from The Jungle Book, I believe. Anyway, if you are looking for a new book to read, I liked this one. Neil Gaiman is also the author of Coraline, now of silver screen fame. The Wiki article I read said that they wanted to make a movie out of this one as well and had a director even....maybe I'll read Coraline...I haven't seen the movie, have you????

3 comments:

Melissa said...

maybe we should try it for book club?

Lacey said...

I haven't read either book but Chris took Elodie to see Coraline and said it was scary. Of course it was directed by Tim Burton so that's to be expected coming from a 4 year. She didn't have any bad dreams though and still talks about the movie.

Anyway, I'm with Melissa. Maybe we could discuss this book for April.

Unknown said...

I haven't seen it but I read it a few months ago. It is good, and quick!