10.19.2009

doctors...

why is it that with each of my pregnancies my doctor goes out of town during the last two weeks???? my doctor this time was just gone a few weeks ago and then at my appointment today i learned he's going to be gone next week as well! next week people! ethan's doctor in utah had to come back from boy scout camp to deliver him! he looked like a moutain man...full beard! so in an effort to speed things a long this week the doctor stripped my membranes...that did not feel good! i'm 90% effaced, at a 3 and his head is very low (which i could have told you just from walking around:)) so we'll see if this gets things going here...my mom is going to fly in tonight so she can be here...the doctor said if i hadn't had him by thursday then i could go back in and they would do the membrane thing again. so now i feel even MORE like a walking time bomb and am a little scared of my water breaking in public! yikes...has that ever happened to you? interesting...so we shall see what transpires....

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Yea! I'm so excited! Call me when it happens so I can come meet him! My water broke with Isaac, luckily I was sitting on the toilet when it happened. Maybe you could carry around a water bottle and dump it on the floor if you water breaks out in public. Just tell everyone that you spilled! I'm glad you're mom is on the way. Keep us posted!

Hansonpatch said...

Melissa has a point, but then everyone is aware that a pregnant woman who breaks a jar of pickles or drops waters water has probably just broken so it doesn't really work. I kept having this recurrent nightmare of my water breaking in church, and then it did! Still, If you are sitting or standing at the time the likelihood that you will experience more than a tablespoon or so of fluid is really small because of the babies head. Wow! You are going to be a mom again! That is so exciting! Congratulations!

Lacey said...

So exciting! How fun that your mom is coming! call me too for anything!

Trent and Amber said...

Yes! I had my membranes stripped with Megan and she came 5 hrs. later! Shortly after being stripped I stood up and started to walk and felt my water break. It's not comfortable to have it done but I think it helps! I'm about ready for that again! I'm a 3 and 80% and have had mild contractions all week and am uncomfortable and DONE! Stinkin body won't go into labor! Arrghh. Hope things go well for you though! :)

Brenden+Nikki said...

Hey! :) I saw your blog off of Amelia Pole's and so I wanted to say good luck! My water broke in the middle of the night when I got up to go to the bathroom but I really like Melissa's water bottle suggestion as a backup plan if you happen to be walking around somewhere in public. Anyway I just love your perspective on motherhood. I always enjoyed watching you with your kiddos in church because you guys are such great parents. I'm sure Blake's brother and sister will love him tons!

Mariley Johnson said...

I'll have to say, too much information aside, that stripping of the membranes was one of the most painful things i endured while being pregnant! Hope it works for you! Can't wait to here about Blake soon!

rachel said...

The waiting game ahhh! I have to say with Kimball I went in four times before the official one and I felt terrible about going in but how do you know if you don't go in? I have never had my water break before so I am not sure how that goes. I can't wait to see him.