1.15.2009

smoothies...




(excuse my messy counter behind the blender...doesn't that just look great?)


oh man, i have a new obsession. smoothies. i make them myself (see three posts ago...I'm a maker okay?) and i haven't made one yet that i didn't like! i use sherbet (right now we have orange, we started with peach, next i want to try pineapple! yum!) and i use frozen berries, and cranberries, canned peaches, and canned pineapple, not all together...but the one i made last night was maybe my favorite! it had some orange sherbet, frozen strawberries (but i thawed them on defrost for a minute or so so it wouldn't be so loud trying to crunch them up as the children were sleeping), frozen cranberries a handful of blueberries and raspberries (also frozen), and to make it more liquidy, i used pineapple juice this time (usually i use milk). man it was great! i also made one the other day that had peaches and strawberries with peach sherbet...also very tasty. the kids like them and i like them and i like that i don't even have to add any extra sugar and the sherbet is really low fat...it's a great snack and i may have to make some more tonight. wouldn't it be fun to have a smoothie bar at some party or get together? (maybe we could do it for book club) you could customize your own smoothie and have the deliciousness that you want....there are definite possibilities.

8 comments:

Erica said...

Yumm-o! I am now adding sherbet to my grocery list for next week :)

Audrey said...

I am such a smoothie addict. I love those things!!!

Melissa said...

Good idea about the smoothie bar. My mom has a book or Jamba juice recipes that turn out just like the real thing!

Lacey said...

That's awesome Jen! Your smoothie looks great and I love the idea of a smoothie bar for book club!

Jackie said...

I love smoothies too. Nate and his brother used to work at Jamba Juice, so they told me some of the not so secret recipes. You make them just like they do!

So, wouldn't they be great for a Pampered Chef party? I still think you'd be perfect...but I'm not nagging. You just left yourself open on this one.

rachel said...

YUMMY!! I AM A TOTAL NON ALCOHOLIC!! A very wise lawyer's wife once told me to learn now how to make non alcoholic drinks and smoothies are such a favorite!
Bravo!!

peachytiffers said...

Heck ya! Let's do it! I would want to try everyone's though, so we should do little tiny cups and then have a little taste of each person's. :)

peachytiffers said...

Oh, I see that some other people are talking about Jamba Juice. I used to work there too. I don't remember them all, but they all were super easy to make.