9.09.2011

Update....

Christian is in the hospital. he and i have been here since about midday on tuesday. he just wasn't doing well with losing weight etc. since we have been here we have found out he has some pretty impressive reflux and today they are going to do a scope of his stomach and esophogus to check out some other potential issues. we are feeding him every two hours, alternating between higher calorie formula and fortified mama's milk. he gained an ounce today! he is very patient with all of this and we have been blessed by very wonderful friends and family to help take care of our other kidlings. i'll update again when we know more.

9 comments:

Sew Much Ado said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, that's tough. Great to hear that he's already gained some weight though! Hopefully your stay won't be too long and you'll both be home soon.

Audrey said...

Jen, your family has constantly been in our prayers. I hope everything gets working like it's supposed to.

rachel said...

I am sorry! Keep us updated. You'll be in our prayers!

Lacey said...

Melissa told me yesterday that Christian was in the hospital! I'm so sorry to hear this but so grateful you guys have everything under control! Hurray for weight gain!!! I hope he continues to progress and you can take your sweet baby home! Know that if I were there I would be doing more than leaving a comment on your blog! I love you!

Meredith said...

Yay for an ounce! That's great news. I'm glad they are starting to figure things out. How are you holding up? Do you need anything? Going stir crazy in hospital?

Elizabeth O. said...

Oh Jen I'm so sorry you guys are back in the hospital. That is the worst. I'm glad Christian is handling it okay but I'm sorry you have to go through that. I'll pray that he can gain weight. And let me know if I can help with the kids or anything.

Mariley Johnson said...

Oh my! Take care of that little man. We're thinking of you.

Nikki said...

Oh no! Thinking of you and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon little one!