1.12.2012

Books Books Books...

usually i put things on reserve at the library and then go in and pick it up once they have put it on the special reserve shelf for me, so i don't have to hunt through the library with my three rambunctious-i-think-i-know-how-to-whisper-but-not-really-as-i-run-up-and-down-the-aisles children. lately they have wanted to have their own library cards, so we got one for E and A for two libraries that are near us. they are thrilled. B is not too upset he doesn't get one yet (since he's only 2) so for now we are good:) i made them little felt wallets to help them keep track of the cards, since as the lady at one of the libraries informed me, "it's $5 to replace a lost card"...i'm guessing we are not the first people that will probably lose a card:) but in an effort to help them keep track of their cards, i made little wallets with a tutorial from Craftiness is Not Optional and it was simple to do, so if you have need of a library card, or any other card holder, that is a good tutorial. but really i am writing this post for another reason...just to ponder the weirdness of the library reserve system. so i put things on reserve and it seems like they come to me all at the same time. does this happen to anyone else? i wish there was an option to delay my hold for a week or something but still have it come to me in the near future...does that even make sense? like, skip me and then keep me on the list as next after the person after reads it... because right now i have from the library
recommended by alacey...should be good
2nd in a series that we are reading on going
i have waited for this book for a LOOOOONG time from the library
and this was a recommendation from my sister...i just finished reading the Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy...this is along the same lines... so i have all these books and of course Crossed and Hangman's Daughter can't be renewed so i need to read them first if i am going to...so...i should get on that huh? are you reading anything great? do you have the same "books on reserve" issue that i do???? it's just kind of amazing how they all come at once....kismet i guess

4 comments:

Amelia Poll said...

On a kind of side note, even if the kids lose track of their card say, after their mission and they've gotten married, and they try to go back in and get a new one (because they weren't certain they ever had one for that library system) they will still be charged $5... Apparently they keep very good records at the library....

sarah said...

LOVED Divergent (thanks Alacey!) and Crossed was also good. Looks like you will have some good book club suggestions :)

Lacey said...

I am so excited for you to read Divergent!!! SO GOOD!!! Read that one first!!! I'll have to add the hangman's daughter to my list...never hear of it! You just made my day! I am really excited for you to read Divergent!!!

rachel said...

I was looking for some good suggestions. Exciting!