1.09.2012

Resolutions?

Strictly speaking I don't really make resolutions. I definitely have things I want to do better and things I need to improve on.... So maybe it's more goal setting for me. Some of my goals are: 1) to exercise 5 or 6 days out of 7. Really make it a habit. So far, so good. I have an elliptical upstairs ( thanks inlaws for that) so I have been doing that. Goal 2) do scripture study everyday. Another habit I need to be better at. Even if I am tired, even if I didn't do anything else, I want to do this. Very important to me. So far, so good on that as well:). Goal 3) purge the house. This one was an unconscious one. I just had in my mind that I needed to do some organizing and it would be good to have things to take to my ward's "no sale garage sale".... Well... We have never generated so much trash/ recycling in one week! Amazing! We have moved 8 times in our 9 years of marriage (celebrated that over Christmas break as well) and so I am used to cleaning out when we move. But this is the longest we've been in one house ( we like it a lot!) but the purging needed to happen! I am making my way through every toy closet/basket, every cupboard/drawer/locker/and bookshelf. Very happy about it! The whole house is feeling lighter:) so really the first 9 days of 2012 have been going pretty well. (really all the cleaning and organizing is to keep me busy to enable my brain to think of something else for a bit...coping mechanism I guess) but for now it works. Do you resolve or make goals? Got any good ones? (ps-I wrote this from my phone.... Not sure if I like that yet or not)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I make goals. And they're allowed to run beyond a year too. Why give up a good habit just because the year is up. This year I want to enter an art competition and win, spend more time on my own (long story) and find my personal style fashion/beauty wise. When I first started doing this I chose a lot less frivolous ones and I won't deny, they've changed my life. I live by those rules now. I'm a lot less impulsive, thoughtless and idle. I think it's only me that's noticed though. Stop always seeking approval is one of 2010s which im still working on. This year is the first time I've set more fun ones though really. Now I've ground myself down a bit I can build myself up again, and that takes time.